Do NOT purchase the certificates they offer through Google Offers. it is a scam. They refuse to honor them. Staff is rude and treat customers terribly. I bought clothes there for 10 years when my daughter was young. Now that I'm a grandma I tried to pass the tradition on to my daughter and the experience was a nightmare. Will never go again. The Spanky's I knew when she was young is long gone.
Resons I like Spanky's....
As a “Professional Consignor” I love Spanky’s for many reasons. A few are: their friendly staff, I can drop my stuff off and go (don’t have to wait while they go through my items), there is no appointment necessary; they have long hours, etc. There are times when they don’t take some items I thought were really good/trendy styles. When I asked about it they pointed out spots/holes that I didn’t see. Or, maybe they were overstocked in certain areas. As previously mentioned, I LOVE that I can drop my stuff off and go…basically they do the work for me by looking for spots/tears/holes/dated styles, etc!
Now, as a “Professional Shopper” I love Spanky’s because they carry designer/trendy items at a fraction of retail, makes me feel good because I’m recycling clothing, I can get items for my whole family there, and they have great sales at the beginning of each month!
Rude Employees at Spanky's. Today, the manager of Spanky's called my home and asked me to pick up 2 pairs of brand new Men's Old Navy jeans that I had on consignment for $16.99 each. This was the agreed upon price when I consigned them in August. I paid $22.50 for them when I originally purchased them and they still had the original tags on them. When I arrived, the manager gave them to me and told me that they should never have been priced so high. She stated that they had too much merchandise sitting in the store to allow 2 items to sit there overpriced. She was very abrasive and reinforced the fact that the owner agreed with her. She said that I had 2 pairs of boys jeans on the discount rack and that they had not sold either. I decided to retrieve them while I was at the store because I did not care for her attitude. She needs to know that if she treats her customers rudely, they will not consign nor will they purchase items from their store. It is not always about the price...it's also about how people treat one another with respect.
Huge Store with great deals for entire family. I just discovered spanky's and I think the store is great. They take everything from infant through adult clothing and shoes for men and women. I especially appreciate their plus size clothes as several of my family members fall into this size range and it is hard to find them clothes at decent prices. They do have name brand purses as well which are reasonably priced (just waiting for the perfect one for me to arrive). They get new clothes everyday and have been around for almost 30 years. 90% of the time I am happy with my experience (the other 10% is when I drive the 40 minutes and get the buyer who passes on almost everything/luckily this is just one of their many buyers). Most of the time they take approx half of my items which makes me happy. I also love their long hours and that you do not need an appt.
Best deals on great clothes.
Being a guy, I mught not shop as much as the ladies, but I do like to find great deals on clothes and I h found that Spanky's is that place. I can get in find what I need, the store is well organized, and the staff is great and always up beat! The prices our super. It is hard to find the quality that Spanky's has at the very low prices also.
Kids clothes are equally high on quailty and low on price!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!